These easy instant bowl recipes will help you prepare dinner and have it on the table in about 30 minutes. No matter what you want to prepare for dinner tonight, the electric pressure cooker can help you prepare it quickly! Upon reaching Amazon in 2010,…
Aloo Chole Tikki is a perfect north Indian recipe perfect for winter and rainy season. This street food recipe you should try in dinner or in evening snack time. It is a very easy cooked recipe that can be served with green chutney, yogurt, tamarind…
Today we will learn about Kurma Puri Recipe which is mainly prepared during various occasions or festivals like Diwali, Holi, marriages, etc. Kurma Puri is a very famous recipe in south India, so it’s a south Indian recipe. Serve veg Kurma puri, idli, dosa, or with any Indian bread.
When we think of any south Indian dish we always attract towards idli, dosa, uttapam, etc. But we ignore other lip-smacking recipes south-Indian have.
Almost all the Indian loves south Indian recipes very much. Kurma Puri is cooked in different styles such as parotta kurma, tomato kurma, potato kurma, etc.
I have tried my best to bring the best Puri Recipe for you in a very simple way.
- Glass Bowl
- Frying Pan/Pressure Cooker
- Gas Stove/Burner
Kurma Puri Ingredient
- 2 Big Onions Chop
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small Carrot (Peeled)
- 2 Big Tomato
- 3 Big Potato
- 1 small Water (Cup)
- 200 g Grinded Coconut Powder (Wet)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 sprig Bay Leaves
- 1½ tbsp Sooji (Semolina)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4-5 Cashew Nut
- 400 g Cauliflower
Ingredient For Puri
- 300 g Wheat Flour
How To Make Kurma Puri
- Put Pressure Cooker/Pan on Gas Stove/Burner.
- Heat pressure cooker on medium flame
- Add 2 tbsp oil in cooker Add Mustard seeds, after it splutters add cumin seeds with onions. Mix it and fry for a minute until onion gets golden in color.
- Add Bay Leaf
- Now Add Ginger+Garlic+Red chili powder and Salt. Fry in low/medium flame and mix it well for 2 minutes.
- Add Tomato, Mashed Potato and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Cover the Pan or Cooker with lid for 3 minutes
- Add Curry Leaves
- Now add Garam Masala Powder, Coriander Powder, Grinded Coconut Powder Mix well and cook for 8 mins
- Add All Chopped Vegetables. Don't Add Cauliflower
- Now Add a Cup of Water Mix it Well (Simmer For 5 Minutes)
- Add Cauliflower
- Place lid on cooker and on low flame allow the gravy to get thick.
- A nice smell of Aroma emanates your kitchen
- Open the lid and add coriander leaves
- Kurma Puri is Ready. Serve with pulka, roti, Naan, or any Indian bread
My mom never cooked Kurma puri when I was young because we use to have navratan korma which is very popular on the north Indian side.
What is Kurma Puri?
Kurma puri is originated from south India and It is easy to make an Indian curry recipe where steamed vegetables are coated with coconut or curd based sauce.
You can add ingredients in this recipe like panner, cashew nuts, etc. Add ingredients according to your taste which suits you.